The Group objectively assesses environmental risks and is committed to minimizing them. It allocates significant resources to various environmental programmes and the implementation of innovative technologies.
Goals of NLMK Group IMS Policy in Quality, Environmental Protection, Energy Efficiency, Occupational Health and Safety:
- Be a global leader in the quality of metal products and raw materials by continuously upgrading and expanding the product mix with the aim of increasing our customers’ competitiveness;
- Comply with the best industry practices in the sustainable use of material, technical, fuel, and energy resources as well as the occupational and environmental health and safety of production processes;
- Be a global leader in adopting best practices to increase the energy efficiency of operations, and to achieve the minimum technically and economically feasible level of specific energy intensity and cost of production;
- Ensure efficient production with zero accidents, emergencies, and near-misses through global excellence in operational health and safety practice and the continuous development and promotion of a safety culture among NLMK Group’s employees and contractors;
- Ensure the ecological and climate efficiency of operations, as well as respond to the changing environmental and climate conditions in balance with the social and economic needs.