- Sustainable development
- Occupational health and safety
Occupational health and safety
The NLMK OSH and industrial safety management system is certified for compliance with the requirements of the international standard ISO 45001:2018 “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems - Requirements”. In 2019, auditors of the British Standards Institute (BSI) confirmed the compliance of the NLMK Occupational Safety and Health Management System with international standards.
In 2015, the company introduced a new policy of the NLMK Group in the field of labor protection and industrial safety. Its main goals are:
- efficient production without accidents, accidents and incidents;
- achievement of world leadership in labor protection and production culture.
NLMK strives to continuously improve its occupational safety performance by improving the safety of production processes, motivating staff and involving employees in occupational safety programs. Management programs in the field of labor protection and industrial safety have been developed and implemented. In particular, the programs “In Search of Safety” and “Risk Management” are aimed at identifying and eliminating risks that could potentially lead to work-related injuries and incidents. The most important element of new programs is the involvement of all employees of the plant in work to reduce risks.
The results of measures for labor protection and industrial safety at the Lipetsk site for 5 years
- The annual expenses for labor protection measures increased 1.8 times to 1,269 million rubles
- The number of injured in accidents decreased by 0.8 times to thirteen
- The accident rate coefficient decreased 0.8 times to 0.49
Costs of labor protection and industrial safety at the Lipetsk site
Cost structure for labor protection and industrial safety in 2020
|Personal Protection Equipment costs||53.5%|
|Working conditions for employees and industrial safety improvements||13.1%|