The Company sees its social mission as achieving sustainable development goals, which meet the long-term economic interests of the business, contribute to community welfare, along with conservation of the environment and the observance of human rights within the territories of its operation.
Social responsibility and sustainable development: NLMK’s strategic goals
The combined efforts of the Company, its employees and communities are aimed at achieving the following strategic goals:
- Create a favourable and predictable social and economic environment for its employees and local communities;
- Improve corporate governance frameworks for economic, environmental and social activities of the Company;
- Comply with international environmental protection standards. Focus on the best state-of-the-art technologies;
- Observe business ethics principles, resist corruption and terrorism;
- Develop new types of products to meet customer expectations;
- Create an environment for the stronger performance by Company employees;
- Ensure sustainable improvements in welfare and social safety for Company employees and safe workplace environments.